Rich Brown‘s Resume
An experienced, results-driven technology executive specializing in innovation, strategy, growth, M&A, operational leadership, and digital transformation. Demonstrated successes in forging client relationships, developing comprehensive product and technology strategies, building high performing agile teams, and delivering scalable, enterprise cloud services. I also have an extensive direct and digital Marketing background as well as automotive, travel, financial and educational vertical experience.
- Technology vision & strategy
- Driving operational excellence
- Consistently delivering results
- Developing high-performance teams
- Recruiting & retaining world-class talent
- Fostering a diverse & collaborative culture
- Establishing client relationships
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Extensive experience in strategy, architecture, implementation, integration, development, and administration of enterprise-class systems including database marketing, CRM, web services, web applications, high availability data warehouse & BI systems.
- Over 15 years of IT management, technical project management, and business analysis experience.
- Experience in directing and managing large teams of developers, analysts, and production support staff.
- Experience as a senior software engineer on the development of several high-volume, high availability web & database applications using various design methodologies
- Certification in Process Engineering and Re-engineering with Lean and the Six Sigma Methodology.
- Experience in multiple industry verticals such as automotive, financial, marketing, manufacturing, retail, travel & services.
- International integration experience with projects in the UK & Switzerland.
Chief Information Officer (CIO) @ ISSA
International Sport Sciences Association (ISSA)
Phoenix, Arizona | 2019/11 – Present
Chief Technology Officer (CTO) @ Digital Air Strike
Digital Air Strike
Scottsdale, Arizona | 2017/07 – 2019/11
- Key member of the Executive Team responsible for achieving record revenue with 40% growth in a single year, winning multiple industry awards including an award for Innovation by BestCompaniesAZ.
- Responsible for all enterprise technology systems, platforms, applications and people including multiple geographically distributed teams with 50+ engineers and supporting roles spanning all functions including Software Engineering, IT, Data Services, QA, CloudOps & Salesforce CRM
- Expanded development capacity by integrating nearshore & offshore teams in Mexico, Belarus and the Ukraine.
- Lead the development of an ML & AI-driven Consumer Experience (CX) platform with Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Lead the re-platforming of our legacy platform to a new DDD, CQRS, event-sourced, cloud SaaS platform of containerized microservices using ReactJS, Redux, EventStore, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, Docker, GraphQL hosted GKE on Google Cloud and Azure Data Warehouse.
- Reduced 150k in Cloud vendor cost by vendor negotiation, modernization & service consolidation in year 1.
- Established a dedicated Data Services team and led the creation of an Enterprise Data Warehouse using Azure Data Warehouse layered with PowerBI for reporting.
- M&A including the execution of 3 acquisitions with the integration of acquired assets, team members, billing & CRM systems and cloud platforms involving a major migration from Microsoft Dynamics to Salesforce CRM
Chief Technology Officer (CTO) @ Rouse Services
Beverly Hills, California | 2014/05 – 2017/07
- Developed business case, secured funding, selected vendors, and led a cloud migration from company-owned hardware in a legacy self-managed physical data center to a hybrid cloud, environment of virtualized, redundant, elastic computing instances & docker containers located at Rackspace, Amazon Web Services (AWS) & Microsoft Azure.
- Implemented JIRA for Agile application lifecycle management (ALM), Confluence for documentation repository & requirements management, Bitbucket for GIT-based code repository and Bamboo / Team City for continuous integration (CI), and Octopus Deploy for deployment and delivery.
- Recruited, reorganized and scaled the IT division into a group of high-performing, world-class technology experts including software architects, database engineers, software engineers and supporting staff.
- Managed multiple full-stack Agile software development teams focused on the creation, delivery & management of high volume SaaS data services, microservices, web and mobile applications using the latest tools and technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server 2016, ASP.NET MVC 5, WebAPI2, PhoneGap, Tableau, HTML5, JQuery, Knockout, Bootstrap, CSS3, AngularJS, Angular2, Node.js, RavenDB.
Chief Technology Officer (CTO) @ SourceLink
SourceLink, Itasca, Illinois | 2013/10 – 2014/05
SourceLink, Los Angeles California | 2009/02 – 2013/10
- Designed and implementing marketing technology solutions for Fortune 500 clients Disney, Bank of America, M&T and Huntington Bank as well as automotive clients such as Ferrari, Maserati, BMW, and MINI.
- Led the architecture, complete lifecycle development & ongoing operational support of multiple, client facing, distributed data warehouse & web based systems used for CRM & Database Marketing.
VP, Business Intelligence @ Bank of America
Additional Consulting Roles
Various technology consulting roles for some of the world’s largest companies such as SAP, American Express and Razorfish.
AZ SIM, AZ SIM CIO Roundtable, AZ SIM CIO Mentor, AZ Tech Council, HMG Strategy PHX CIO Executive Leadership Advisory Board
*Please note I am not seeking employment, however I’m always open to speaking with individuals and companies regarding potential consulting and/or speaking engagements.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly via any method on my contact page.